Sunday, December 5, 2010

Thanksgiving Weekend Recap

Yeah, so I'm waaaaayyy behind!  But here we go anyways.....

I haven't been in retail in 5 years, so I'd forgotten how exhausting Thanksgiving weekend can be.  Not smart when planning your baking list and Black Friday shopping list. 

So my baking list looked something like this.....









We didn't get to any pictures of us because Thanksgiving dinner with two people over the age of 80 goes REALLY FAST!  I'm used to Thanksgiving involving multiple generations and households, and starting when people show up to help cook at 1:00, and then eating around 3:00, then laying around stuffed and talking and playing dumb party games until you realize how late it is and serve dessert around 8:00 and then cleaning up and leaving sometime after 10:00 and then getting up at 4:00am to shop.  This year it was more like, show up at 4:00, eat, clean up, eat dessert, clean up, leave at 6:30.  Yeah, a 2 1/2 hour Thanksgiving.  It was interesting, and I got the most sleep I've ever gotten before a black friday, as in some.

Speaking of, my shopping list involved Best Buy(new cool person phone for FREE), Target, Walmart, Bed Bath and Beyond, Ulta, Office Max, Staples, Mardel (local Christian book store) and a handful of clothing stores, all of which were highly successful stops, we got everything and then some on our lists, and all in time for me to come home, shower, eat and get to work by 3:00. 

Work was fun too, our new District Manager, is not a nice person.  She decided at 6:11pm on Friday that instead of being open until 8:00pm, we should stay open til 10:00pm, and didn't have a say in it.  Also, instead of opening at 9:00am the next morning we had to open at 7:00am and stay open until 9:00pm instead of 7:00pm, and then on Sunday we had to be open from 10am til 8pm instead of our usual 12-6pm.  Yeah, NOT FUN!!!!  Especially since I was working all of those days. We won't even start about her visit to our store during my shift last night......basically, she makes me think some very not nice things that I'm at least slightly ashamed of.

Anyways, off to do more baking for our Sunday School class Thanksgiving/Christmas potluck.  Pies are mostly done, but I need to get all my extras finished.  And get more coffee, coffee first!

No comments: