Monday, April 18, 2011

Baking


So I finally baked something yesterday! I feel like I never bake anymore, probably because whenever I do bake, it lasts like 2 days, if that.  Cupcakes need to happen soon, but until then, the Snickerdoodles will do.


1/2 Cup Softened Butter
1/2 Cup Shortening
1 1/2 Cups Sugar
2 Eggs
1 ts Vanilla (I use the clear with these cookies) Extract
2 3/4 Cups Flour
2 ts Cream of Tartar
1 ts Baking Soda
Pinch of Salt

Additional-
1/3 Cup Sugar
1 Tb Cinnamon

Preheat oven to 400.

Cream together Butter, Shortening, Sugar, Eggs and Vanilla.

In a separate bowl, combine Flour, Cream of Tartar, Baking Soda and Salt, add in 1/2-1 cup at a time.

In a small bowl, combine extra Sugar and Cinnamon.

Form dough into balls, (I seriously use an ice cream scoop for mine) coat in Cinnamon Sugar Mixture, place 2 inches apart on lightly greased cookie sheet.

Bake 8-10 minutes, or until edges are slightly browned and middles still look a little doughy.

Let rest of cookie sheet, 2 minutes, move to rack to cool.

ENJOY! 

No comments: