Found out on Tuesday I'm not completely out of the running to move up at work. I had a phone interview with our now former District Manager (her last day was yesterday) about possibly overriding the test you're supposed to pass to be considered. I guess my observation part of the interview (that I never knew even happened on her last visit to our store) was so good, and my test was so close, that I'm still in consideration. I probably would have known yesterday had my manager not been off. Now I get to wait until Sunday to find out if I'm getting promoted or not. It's kind of driving me nuts, but kind of not. I'm really not that worried about it, but we could use the 6-12 extra hours worth of pay, and the extra $2 an hour. I think I have a decent chance as I was one of 4 finalists, and I'm the only one the DM made a followup call about to my manager, so that's a good sign, but I'm not going to be crushed if I don't get it. My husband on the other hand will be, he's determined I deserve it and no one else should get it. Flattering, but probably a bit exaggerated. :)
The husband on the other hand, had a rough work week. The latter half of July til early August is slow season for him. Meaning, as a contract worker, he may only get work 2-3 days a week instead of his usual 5-6, which is pretty depressing to him. I'm just praying he can still see his worth even if he's contributing a bit less financially for a few weeks and can get through it still enjoying his job. He loves the job, when it's busy, so hopefully this slow spell doesn't ruin it for him.
We did actually get a day and a half off together this week though, and it was wonderful!! We didn't do anything major, just slept, caught up on our Tivo and run a few errands together, but it made a huge difference in my outlook for the week. We're just a bit more insync now.
I'm kind of thinking the other reason things are going better between us is this book-
I can not recommend it enough. I've read through it twice, prayed through it both times (never in the month suggested, always takes me 2 or 3) and this time I'm journaling my way through it as well. A few favorite quote from the first 4 chapters-
"It's a gentle tool of restoration appropriated through the prayers of a wife who longs to DO right more than BE right." (speaking of the power of prayer)
"That's because prayer is the ultimate love language"
"Talking to God about your husband is an act of love"
"If He asks us to prayer for our enemies, how much more should we be praying for the person with whom we have become one and are supposed to love?"
"Telling your husband everything that is wrong with him is not only ill-advised, it probably doesn't reveal the complete truth"
"Our goal must not be to get our husbands to do what WE want, but rather release him to God so He can get them to do what HE wants"
"Allow your husband to be the head so you can be the heart"
"When disappointing things happen it's best to remind myself of my husband's good qualities"
"Loss of respect seems to precede loss of love and is more hurtful to a man than we realize"
And those are just from the first chapter. It's a great tool to strengthen the spiritual bond between you and your husband.
It's my day off, so I'm off to do laundry, and put away last week's laundry and go grocery shopping and to the bank and all those other fun things we do on days off.
Have a great weekend!
1 comment:
Good luck with your job, I look forward to seeing what happens!
Stop by One Fine Wire if you get a chance, I'd love to see you there!
www.finewire.blogspot.com
So nice to meet you and find your blog!
Post a Comment