So, after 2 months off, be ready for lots of double blog days! If you haven't read the prior post yet, please do, it has all the big stuff in it, this one is just all my little daily thoughts type stuff.
I've been keeping up with the working out. Haven't lost a single pound, but I've dropped almost an inch off my butt and waist, and a half an inch on my thighs, (butt and thighs are definitely my problem areas!) and have done some arm toning, without actually measuring, the backs of my arms basically just don't jiggle so much. :) My standard routine is
15 minutes Elliptical (typically 1.35ish miles)
15 reps on the leg machine that does the outside of your thighs
15 reps on the leg machine that does the inside of your thights
15 of those things where you hold your body up by your arms on handle things and pull your legs up to 90 degrees
15 reps on the machine where you press your arms in against the weights
15 reps on the machine where you pull the bar down against the weights
and 75 crunches.
Can you tell I've never belonged to a gym before and don't really know anything about the machines except for what the little instruction posters on them tell me? If anyone wants to correct my names for things, feel free.
I go 3-4 times a week, just basically trying to stay toned without really changing my body any. I'm loving it and the days I work out, I notice I don't feel like I need quite as much coffee. I've always been a coffee girl, started stealing my dad's at 12, spending my babysitting money on Starbucks with my girlfriends in highschool, and a complete, a pot a day addict by age 19. After getting married I started cutting back to two cups (or one 20oz travel mug) in the morning and then one either in the afternoon or evening. I'm basically down to one necessary (16oz) cup a day and then a social coffee drink once or twice a week.
We've gotten really involved in a Nearly and Newlyweds class at our church and I'm loving everything we do with it. I'm the social coordinator, we've had one social at our house and are planning an Astros game to go to as a group later in the month.
Alot of the women in our group have decided to read through the Bible together. They're doing it rather slowly, and having read through it in highschool and again as an adult, I decided to opt out.
I'm re-reading "The Power of the Praying Wife", which I highly recommend! It came as a suggestion from an absolutely amazing Pastor's wife I knew back in NY, who was a bit of a mentor for me. She recommended re-reading it every few years, so I'm on re-read number two. I'm noticing it's just like she said, every stage of your marriage you get something different out of it, or a new part becomes relevant, and it's definitely something new for me each read. If you want to join me in reading, let me know, I just restarted it this week. If not, I'll try to give you some of my notes on it.
We're also, as a couple, reading the book "The 5 Love Languages" for the first time. I know it's kind of a classic in Christian marriage related literature, but we'd done a short study on it without ever reading the book and decided to go back and read the whole thing. Definitely worth it so far. I'll try to do a few posts on it as I get further into it.
I think that's it for tonight, I'm sure to have a few event specific posts, or food posts in the next few days, still trying to get caught up.
No comments:
Post a Comment