Friday, July 8, 2011

I'm still here.....

sort of, most of the time!

Things have been a little hectic lately.

Instead of my normal 18-24 hours at work, I've been working 35-40, plus lessons still, and a few photoshoots, so I'm a bit behind on basically everything else.

Work has become torturous, my co-manager is out to get me, I'm serious. I know that sounds juvenile, and petty middle-school-ish, but, basically, she dumps everything on me, doesn't do the parts of her job that she doesn't like, blames me when things aren't done and then takes my hours, gives them to girls who are only available for like 2 specific shifts a week and then gives me the crummy hours.  Everytime I come in after her the store is a mess, whatever task of the day is only half done when it should be finished and she's giving me attitude to do her work and complaining how she has to do everything, when all she's doing is kissing up to the big clients and ignoring everything else.  She thinks she's buddy buddy with the district manager, calling her and texting her about pointless stuff and treating anyone who doesn't look like they're going to spend at least $500 bucks like garbage, making me get complaints from clients and having to wait on 12 people at a time, instead of 1 like her.

So, basically, I'm done with work.

I applied and interviewed for a admin position at church last week.  I'm still in the running because they've been checking my references this week, but I haven't heard anything. It's been 8 days, so I'm kind of going crazy waiting.  I really want to be done with my store now, but I'm sticking it out, just in case. The new job would be a huge answer to prayer, it would allow me the freedom to teach, to volunteer with kids programs at church, and to be home to cook and take care of things at home when we move out in 2-3 months.  So, be praying things resolve quickly, so I know if I need to keep looking, or can kindly leave the position I'm at.

My husband's trying very hard not to die in the heat down here.  His job is outdoors, on a golf course, running, literally, 18 holes of golf every day.  For those of you not familiar with Houston summers, temperatures start in the triple digits by 11am, and stay there til 6pm, and that's before you add another 10 degrees for humidity and heat index. For those of you not familiar with golf, 18 holes is roughly 6.5-7 miles, up and down hill, and takes about 4 hours to play, the most popular tee times are right after lunch.  So, yeah, he's trying not to die daily.  We go through alot of propel and gatorade, and a chick-fil-a milkshake is a daily after work snack for him, just trying to cool down.

We're still at my parents, with the plan to move out in September.  Debts, besides my husband's school loans and our recently acquired car payment, are all paid off.  Now it's just saving for furniture and start up costs. I've been stalking the Macys home sales this summer picking up a few things at a time, and I think we finally have enough towels to have a completely new set and get rid of our wedding gift ones. 5 years later, and I think it's time! Same with sheets, I've been picking up sets and pieces whenever they're on sale.  Basically the only things I kept from our place in NY were the pots and pans and dishes, so everything else needs replacing, it's so much fun getting to decorate all over again!  I can't wait to get our place and post tours in a few months.

Photoshoot recaps and recipes coming this weekend, or today, depending on how today goes. 

No comments: