Tuesday, July 19, 2011

11 days is much better than a month!

So, at least this time I should have less to catch you up on, but I don't!

I started my new job yesterday! I got it! It's amazing!

I'm an administrative assistant in the worship ministries department at our church, 30 hours a week, Monday through Friday, 9:00am-3:00pm.  My job is to take the service orders, created by the pastor and worship pastor, pull the music, create the teleprompts, leaders sheets, media team sheets, and power points for the three English services we have every week. My office is amazing! I'm sharing the front worship department office with a fantastic lady I know from kids choir, my kids choir coordinator is one of the full time staff, as well as the worship secretary and our new worship pastor.  We have an amazing office, with a full kitchen and a Kuerig! I have my own giant desk and shelves and can't wait to decorate them! I need to get a print order into the lab ASAP!

But, the best part is, I get to be home in time to teach lessons and still be a house wife again!!! I'm totally loving having time to grab groceries on the way home and make my husband dinner at night, I can run errands, keep clean laundry, and be home at night, instead of closing the store.  I'm still working a few shifts while they try to get a couple people promoted through HR, but only like 2 a week for another 2-3 weeks.

Of course, the two jobs for a few weeks means extra pay checks, which is fantastic for saving for our new place.

Hopefully I'll have news on that in a couple of weeks.

So, with a regular schedule, I can also get back to regular blogging.  Any ideas for what I should blog about?  I've got a bunch of sermon notes from our pastors latest series I'm dying to blog about.  Should be a good discussion starter as the series is of the political nature, and a few recipes I'm planning to try and hopefully share.  Anything else?

Back to finishing up dinner.  Oh it's good to be home evenings again!

No comments: