Thursday, May 10, 2012

Today I'm Thankful For.....

  • My job that pays me to serve in a ministry that I absolutely LOVE!  I get to help prepare for church services and rehearsals with our choir, praise teams and instrumentalists as a job, and then volunteer as a children's choir director and watch my (mostly!) adorable and sweet kiddos get excited about singing about Jesus and worshiping him.

  • My wonderful, affectionate, hard working husband who loves me and misses me when I'm at church all day every day for 3 days, and shows so much appreciation for me when I finally get home sometime between 9:00 and 10:30 at night for three nights in a row.  He's taking me on a date night tonight or tomorrow even after taking me on a weekend away last week!  Work was a hard slap in the face Monday morning after three days alone together going out and just being together everywhere! I missed him while at work this week, that's not normal because I love my job so much!

  • The convenience of being so close to work, church, stores and home that I can run and do my grocery shopping for the week and take it home and put it away and still get back to work in 51 minutes on my lunch break! 

  • My girls from LifeGroup who are coming over this Saturday for a girls morning of coffee, conversation and chick flicks! 

  • The glorious sunshine and 85 degree weather, and that it's not 100+ yet this year, unlike last year when it turned into full blown summer by May1st!

  • Photography jobs that are lining up and making us a little extra money and keeping my weekends very very full! 

  • A dear former youth group girl who's getting her life on track and focusing on God and seeing the benefits of putting Him first, finally, after many many months (or years) of praying for this. Praying she keeps it up and keeps remembering to thank Him for her blessings piling up and not just ignoring His part in them.
How is your week playing out? Are you remember to find time to thank God for everything going on even if it's hectic right now?  Are you finding joys in simple things and enjoying your chaos?

No comments: