Somewhere in there I realize me desire to blog, about as often as I find time to fulfill my desire to work out. Yesterday work was a workout in itself. We had our Music and Media Ministry Volunteer Appreciation Banquet last night, which meant setting up, working my normal day, working the first half of the banquet, attending the second half, and then staying and tearing everything down and lugging all of our borrowed decorations back to whichever department's wing we'd borrowed them from. I was at work from 8:30am until 10:30pm, it was a long day. Typically I try to get in some form of ab/arm/leg workout every morning between when I get up to fix my husband's breakfast and when I have to start getting ready for work (usually 15-25 minutes of floor exercises), but this morning, when he left at 6:20, I went back to sleep until 7:40. And man was it hard to get up after that! Tonight is Bible study night, and all I can think about is coming home to my sweats and our NCIS's on the couch. Days like this make me wish we had a TV in our bedroom (conscious decision not to) since bed is so much comfier than the couch! (really need to upgrade from our hand me down one this summer!)
Over the weekend we actually had the opportunity to get away and I'm so grateful, even if I am freaking out about how I go absolutely nothing done over the weekend. We stayed in a nice hotel, ate out for two nights, played 5 rounds of putt putt, spent 5 hours in an absolutely GINORMOUS outlet mall and enjoyed our own private jacuzzi tub. It was well worth the money and the massively behind agenda awaiting me when we got home. It was literally the first time we've gone away without family, or without staying with family since our honeymoon, 6 years ago. We went away because of our anniversary, and it's also the first time we've spent our anniversary alone.
So now that it's Tuesday I'm going to put up a slightly shortened menu for the week....
Tuesday
Fajitas, Salad and Fruit
Wednesday
I'm trying THIS recipe from the help of Pinterest.
With brown rice and steamed broccoli.
Thursday
Dinner for friends with a new baby in the form of
BBQ Beef, Pasta Salad and Fruit Salad
Friday
Dinner for a friend on bed rest and her family in the form of
Teryaki Chicken / Veggie Kabobs, Parmesan Baked Fries and Salad
Saturday
Brunch food and lattes for Lady's Morning Out Brunch at our apartment.
Flank Steak, Smashed Potatoes, and Roasted Veggies
Sunday
Whatever my mom wants for Mother's Day :)
Off to study for the night and then home to cuddle on the couch in my sweats with my husband. So grateful for our getaway, but so wishing I was still on it this week. :) I love my job, and I love my life, but oh how it felt good to have no agenda.

No comments:
Post a Comment