Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A weekend of "new"s

So it's been a couple of weeks, a couple of weeks full of getting projects done, starting new things and overall, just being busy.

I've stuck to my menu planning, but simplified alot of my staples or gone back to cooking bigger main dishes that can be repurposed a second night so that I only have to do a big meal every two to three days.  I still feel like I'm feeding my husband home made every night, it's just home made takes 10 minutes some nights instead of an hour, which gives me alot more time to get other things done. This week's dishes include a Roast turned into BBQ Beef, Breakfast for Dinner, and Hawaiian Chicken followed by BBQ Chicken Pizza.

A couple of weekends ago, I was swamped with all things photography.  I finished editing and delivered a rather large wedding and shot a friends maternity pictures and processed them all in 2 days to be able to surprise her with prints at her shower the next week.








This weekend was another one of those weekend.  The new website is up and operational.  I spent 7+ hours glued to a computer screen Saturday morning and then another 45 minutes to an hour editing the final result, so all in all, 8 hours to reinvent the website and add more content and space than before isn't too bad for an self taught web designer.  I also redid the business cards and added a few new portfolio shots.

Check out www.adaniephotography.com  to see what I'm talking about.

More "new"s included a new wreath for the front door, a new recipe that I found on Pinterest and tweaked a bit and of all things, a new iPhone.  Yes people, I finally caved and went Mac, not proud to say it, but it works, I'm figuring it out and so far don't completely hate it. 

Well, time to get ready for work.  Home made Oreos sit on the counter for my husband to take to Bible study tonight while I try my first Zumba class.  Let's hope it doesn't kill me!

No comments: