Do I even know how to do that anymore? Some days I wonder if I even know how to write in the first place, but I try, and I ramble, and maybe someone will get something out of it someday, even if it's just me.
Sometimes I ramble just to sort things out in my head and delete the post without posting it. Do you eve do that? Do you ever think you're going to teach someone something and then learn more about yourself than they could possible learn?
We've been studying "grace" in our ladies Bible study. I think it's a concept I thought I fully understood. We're saved by Grace, God grants us grace, we should grant others grace, but can we really grant grace?
We're a picky, judgmental, self righteous, justifying culture, we always have been, but does that give us the right? I try so hard not to put myself up on any kind of pedestal, not to think of myself as better and in the process usually end up beating myself up psychologically.
Then I look at judge-y, condemning, nit picking people and wonder if the tearing down of myself is healthier.
Then I realize I'm judging them for judging.
Why is it also that some people can get a free pass for their mistakes no matter what? I noticed this while teaching this week, when I thought I'd be doing all the teaching, but a sweet, hard working, focused, people pleasing 9 year old gave me a lesson by apologizing for all her buzzy guitar notes and trying to correct them instantly. Why is it that as kids we can so easily apologize and forgive bet as adults we hold every little mistake over someone's heads forever? Or at least until we know they have a bigger mistake to hold over ours.
SERIOUSLY! I told you I ramble!
Anyways, what I'm saying is, I think many of us, myself included need to find the happy medium. The place where we see ourselves as worthless, but thankful and in awe of the Grace we've been given for our mistakes and short comings and because we're so filled with that Grace, we're unable to see the bad in people, even if that bad if just their judginess (I know it's not a word, it just works!).
I'm going to try to be conscious of my judging this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment