Saturday, April 17, 2010

Weekend Workout Recap and some Food Related Ramblings

So, this thing has been my best friend this week it seems. 2 hours worth of running later, I'm proud to say I made my goal of 10 miles and then some! 10.4 miles to be exact!  On average, that makes for an 11.54 minute mile, though I know those numbers are off because my best run was 3.3 in 30 minutes.  I'm not necessarily worried about the speed, but I'm keep track for the sake of knowing my consistency. I'm thinking I may try to get out on the road in a couple of weeks and see what difference it makes.  5k's down here will not be happening for me during the summer months, which start in mid May, but come next fall, the idea is tempting.

Measurements wise, I'm already down to my goal in the hips thighs and butt areas, but my waist just doesn't want to come.  I kept with the crunches last week and actually went up, so the crunches have to go!  The middle of my abs are actually protruding further than before because of a little bit of definition, so, maybe on Monday I'll go figure out how to use one of the ab machines, if not, I may just have to run even more than the 12 planned miles, either that or eat less, and that's not high on my list!

I'm very much an "everything in moderation" kind of girl. I like my butter, bacon, red meat, bread, chocolate, and my theory is as long as nothing is in excess, it's okay. I'd rather eat smaller portions of natural, full fat foods than bigger portions of chemically altered to be lower in fat or sugar foods.  Just my logic, and what my body likes, as I've discovered Splenda and I just don't get along, I can't get sugar free things to sit well on my stomach, so real sugar it is! Raw sugar in my coffee, but standard granulated sugar for baking, mostly for budget reasons, they tend to make it difficult to buy healthy on a budget, so I just moderate how much we use.

No comments: