Saturday, April 3, 2010

Weekend Recap, also known as "Rambling"

So not sure what all happened this week.  It was kind of a blur.  We're trying to really hard to pay off all of our bills, but more keep appearing out of no where, hours are not great this week for my husband, or at least not very good tips for the hours he works.  He's working as a caddy at a high end country club, and a typical tip is anywhere from $60-$200 dollars per round of golf. Lately, he keeps getting the $60 and $80 tippers, part of him having to earn his place as the new guy, so it kind of stinks.  He is getting asked to do more loops (rounds of golf) and caddy for more special events, which is good, but the veteran guys keep taking all the good loops. One switched with him yesterday, and instead of caddying for five members (guaranteed $100) he got stuck with two guys, who tipped him $50. So, he was in a pretty miserable mood. Pray for encouragement for him right now.  He's kind of feeling inadequate and I'm probably not helping much because I'm really stressed about the money stuff and he sees that and feels like it's his fault.  He's earning decent money, but it's not always consistent, plus, his first bag fees paycheck just paid for his uniform and equipment, so he hasn't brought home a real check yet, so he's hating that.  I keep getting more and more hours at work, which is wonderful, my job just doesn't pay nearly what I made teaching. Finding students would be a huge help about now!

On a plus side, I'm getting in shape again!  I'm discovering I was behind alot more than I thought, so I'm really having to work back into my running.  I did 3 1/2 miles last week, 5 this week, I'm shooting for 7 next week, 10 the week after, 12 the week after that, and then plan on leveling off at around 15 miles a week, split into 3-5 runs depending on my schedule at work.  I used to run 15 miles a week, 3 miles a day, 5 days a week from the time I was 16 to 20, but then work got in the way, so, now I'm trying to get back into it.  After I run, for every mile I run I do 50 crunches.  I need to get new free weights for at home (mine got left in NY) for adding in 10 reps each arm per mile as well, either that, or use the ones at the gym.  Ideally, all this working out will shave an inch off everywhere.  I don't want to drop an entire size, (it's hard to find my little sizes sometimes anyway!) and I'm not worried about the pounds, I expect to actually go up in that area, I just want to tone everything so my clothes fit a bit looser.  I still fit in the same size I did when I got married, some things are just snugger than I'd like them to be and I'm border line going up a size, so I'd like to be on the small end of my size again and stay that way.

I'm planning to log my miles, crunches, and arm reps weekly, I just need to find some form of ticker so I can post it on here, either that, or I'll just do a weekly workout recap on Saturdays.

So, this weeks log-

Miles- 5
Crunches- 250
Arm Reps- 0 (need to figure out a system for weights)

We have a wedding to go to June 19th, so I'm shooting for a June 1st of being down an inch all the way around.

I'd post my measurements, but I think that's a bit personal, so I'll just post when I lose 1/2 inches.

I guess that's it for now, back to laundry, then the grocery store, then maybe some tanning before work this afternoon.

No comments: