So, my mind is everywhere this week. I haven't had a chance to think of any kind of structured blog or any theme to write about, so instead I haven't been writing at all, but I think if you just bear with me for one little (or not so little post) I could probably get back to some form of normal mind set, or at least an organized mind.
Work's been a zoo lately, even though when most days our numbers are down and things are slow business wise, it seems like on all of my shifts something breaks, someone doesn't show or calls in, or a shipment comes in three times bigger than expected, or a computer dies, or what not, it's just always the unexpected on my shifts it seems.
My sister's getting closer to her due date so my mom's in even crazier baby mode, which is okay, and expected, but it's also kind of making me the oddball, because, as much as I'm excited for my sister, I'm so not into the whole baby thing.
Which is another thing, my husband and I are on the "no babies ever track", which doesn't seem to be very well accepted or respected and no one really takes us seriously. Just because we're young, got married young, and have been married for a few years, doesn't mean the only purpose of our marriage is babies and starting a family. With all of my nannying, and students, and our youth ministry stuff, we have sooooo many "kids", we're totally content with that. We have enough family issues with his family too, so bringing kids into that kind of terrifies me.
And speaking of his family.....I'm kind of freaked out about having to go back to NY in March for his brother's wedding. I haven't actually spoken to any of his family since February, and that whole prolonged waiting period is just making that reunion scarier. And, it doesn't help any that as far as I know I'm still being ostracized by my brother in law, and that hanging in limbo scares me.
Anyways, I'm late, for choir and ladies night at Starbucks, which are some of the only things I am sure about these days, so it's good, but I have to run. I'll try to prep for something more readable tomorrow when I'm off work.
No comments:
Post a Comment