So, Fridays were originally supposed to be food posts, but seriously, how often have I stuck to that schedule? I have food stuff to throw in, but I'm in the mood to ramble. (this is what happens when I get 6 1/2 hours of consecutive sleep instead of 4, then 2.) Also, the really big cup of coffee sitting next to me helps that mood, just a bit. :)
Anyways, yesterday was nice, like really nice get lots done feel good about yourself and even have a good skin (definitely not hair, that's what skipping the blow dryer does) day nice. I was off, and home alone all day yesterday, and my time line went something like this-
5:45am, get up with husband, fix him breakfast, send him off to work
6:15am, get back in bed and pull up the comforter (we haven't turned the furnace on yet, but it's getting cold enough at night that the house is 62 when we wake up!) don't set an alarm :)
9:25am, wake up the second time, make a cup of coffee, get back in bed with lots of blogs, and celebrity gossip and online movie trailers picking our date night movie for next Monday.
10:45am, make myself get out of my bliss and take a shower and put on real clothes and run errands (which of course included more coffee at my Starbucks stop!) to the mall, ULTA (to use my coupon) the bank, my store, Grandma's and the grocery store.
2:00pm, get home from errands, clean the kitchen, sort the laundry, make Sugar Cookie Dough :)
2:30pm, husband gets home from work, feed him, enjoy peace and quiet some more while he naps away on the couch and I get a THIRD cup of coffee :)
6:30pm, make dinner, swallow down a little bit of the hockey kick of while waiting for Grey's (!!!!)
8:00pm, Grey's Mentalist and Cookies :)
10:00pm, clean kitchen again
10:45pm, climb in bed with Iron Man 2 and my husband.
11:35pm, fall asleep......
Not a bad day at all! And, to wrap it up, a few pictures....
Dough ready to be cut into pretty leaves.
I LOVE using real icing colors!
Waiting to be frosted!
Ta da!! I do these every, single, year!
One of my least favorite things about Texas is the quality of produce. Maybe it's a Houston thing being so close to the gulf, but the Apples stink, Bananas are always bright green then turn in two days, Broccoli is double what it was in NY and the texture is different, potatoes only keep for 4-5 days, corn season is like 2 weeks long and berry picking isn't really an option unless you drive at least an hour away from the city and get up at 4:00am because it's too hot out by 7:00am.
But, do you see what I found all the way down in Houston Texas yesterday?
Let me zoom it in for you.....Oh my freakin goodness I was excited!!! They're a bit soft from the shipment, so they'll be getting turned into sauce tomorrow night, but seriously, you have no idea how psyched I was to find these! Even if they were in the "import produce section" at $1.98 a pound.
Oh, and these were the main course of our dinner. Nothing to write home about unfortunately. I'm still having a hard time buying meat down here. I'm thinking a Costco membership may be in the my near future because BJ's was always the best in NY, because it seems like you have to pay $17.99 a pound to get a good steak at Kroger, and HEB's meat is better, but just as expensive, so last night's $7.99 a pound sirloin just didn't cut it, or rather, didn't cut in some places. Hmm....I'm thinking of texting around to see if anyone wants to let me go to Sam's or Costco this week with them to try one of each, because really, a membership required discount club might be my only shot at a good steak that costs less than a week's worth of groceries.
Anyways, off to the grocery store, again, forgot sugar yesterday and since I scraped the canister dry for the sugar cookies I'll be needing some more before I can make my banana bread.
Have a great weekend!






No comments:
Post a Comment