Friday, March 4, 2011

Pizza Night!

Okay, so Pizza night was Tuesday, but I'm just getting around to posting it now.


Crust recipe-
1 packet quick yeast
1 tablespoon sugar
1 cup HOT water
2 tablespoons extra virgin (or any oil in a pinch) olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 to 3 cups flour

Dissolve yeast and sugar in water, let proof for 10-12 minutes or until doubled in volume and foaming.

In large mixing bowl, combine water mixture, oil and salt.

Gradually add flour, starting with 2 cups and adding a little at a time until dough forms a ball.

On floured surface knead for about a minute.

Place in clean oiled bowl and cover, let rise for 30-45 minutes.

Dump onto pizza stone and press flat pulling up edges to make a crust.  Prebake on pizza stone 7-8 minutes at 375.

Crust Seasoning-
1 Tbsp Melted Butter
Dash of Garlic Salt
Dash of Black Pepper
Dash of Paprika
1Tbsp Grated Parmesan

Mix together, brush thoroughly on outer crust.

Cover dough with sauce, cheese and toppings and cook for another 10-12 minutes or until crust is crispy and toppings are cooked.

ENJOY!

2 comments:

CookingwithVictoria said...

This looks AMAZING!!! My husband saw the picture and said it looked delicious! Thanks for the recipe! It looks absolutely delicious. I cannot wait to try it out. I do not have a pizza stone, but I am thinking that we must invest in one now. :)

E said...

This looks delicious. I am taking the Financial Peace University class at BCC and was talking about how you can save money by making pizza instead of ordering it. I am going to try your recipe this weekend.