I never thought I'd say it, but this afternoon, I actually found myself missing football. Mainly because, without football, my husband's channel surfing after church landed us on the Discovery Channel and some special about how the Bermuda Triangle came about and how it creates time space portals and makes planes fly at "lightspeed" and other garbage like that. Am I the only one who assumes that people who believe that garbage and are dead serious about being warped into other dimensions must be tripped out on some crazy drugs? I'm not sure how you'd say you were time warped into another dimension and then returned to your original portal and destination by a space force with a straight face without some crazy lsd type drugs in your system.
Anyways, I finally got him off the Discovery Channel and onto a James Bond marathon, thank goodness for that!
It's been a lazy weekend, hence the lack of a blog post. I was planning to write more Thursday, but my headcold filled husband kept me a bit occupied, you know how sick men are. :) Sad thing is, I enjoy him needing me so much. I'm pathetic, I enjoy fixing all of my husband's food and cleaning up all his mess and doing all of his laundry and everything else. I feel bad when I don't take care of him. Is that weird? I've been told he's an adult and it's not my job, I've been told it encourages him to be a man-child/weak leader, but I don't believe any of it. I believe it's my privilege as his wife to also be his helper, and I help in the ways I know how.
Anyways, the point of this blog is that without the structure of football, Sunday afternoons are actually quite boring, and I'm not a football girl at all. I couldn't tell you who was playing who, what was going on or what teams records were, I could barely name most of the quarterbacks. But, I miss the reliability of coming home from church to lunch and football.
Because it's freakishly cold for Houston (45) and gray as all get out, I have very little motivation to leave the house so I think I'll go back to just enjoying my husband's company on the couch and be thankful Pierce Brosnan is such a good looking Bond if I'm going to sit through them for the hundreth time.
Maybe lazy Sundays are so bad after all. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment