My thoughts, musings, ideas, plans and recipes. My life, my words.
Sunday, August 28, 2011
Raspberry French Vanilla Coffee Cake
So I posted this picture on facebook straight out of my phone last night and immediately had a recipe request. So, I'm posting it again (sorry, camera batteries were charging from afternoon baby shoot, and cake doesn't get left un-eaten that long!), with the recipe, and with a warning, that I created this recipe off the top of my head about 3 years ago using whatever I had handy and it's been tweaked a ton, so feel free to keep tweaking. Also, if you care about fat content, stop reading now! Definitely not a diet friendly cake!
Ingredients-
1 Box Yellow Cake Mix
1 Stick (1/2 Cup) Softened Butter
1 Cup Milk
1/3 Cup French Vanilla Coffee Creamer
3 Eggs
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
2 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Nutmeg
1 small container Raspberries
Directions-
Grease a bundt, 9x13" or molded pan. Preheat oven to 325.
Mix together first 6 ingredients, beat 2-3 minutes until smooth. Add Brown Sugar, Cinnamon and Nutmeg, fold into batter to keep batter fluffy and light, and from turning orange from the spices. Wash your raspberries, blot dry on a paper towel.
Poor into cake pan. Drop raspberries into batter, "cut into" batter with knife to help them sink through the batter, leaving only a few sitting on the top of the batter.
Bake 35-45 minutes (depending on pan size/shape) or until it passes the toothpick test.
Remove from pan and let cool 15-20 minutes. Drizzle with Confectioner Sugar/Vanilla Creamer made glaze. I don't measure anything for glaze, just until I have roughly 1/3-1/2 cup at finished glaze at the consistency I like.
This cake is a huge hit with friends and family and always disappears when I take it to an event. It looks way more involved than it is, so take advantage of it's simplicity and ENJOY!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment