Sunday, April 22, 2012

Weekend Recap

 So, it was a really full weekend, and it was a good one, which is good because this week is going to be insane!!!

Friday I went from one work to the next, which meant that Friday was a 9-7 day.  So much for half day Fridays to make up for incredibly long Mondays and Wednesdays.

Saturday was supposed to be a girls day with my Bible study girls, which ended up getting rescheduled so one of my girlfriends and I just went on our own to get mani-pedis, which was AMAZING because it's been over a year since I've had a paid for one!

(I'm totally loving how tan my hands look in this!)


Saturday I also started the crockpot nice and early and made a double batch of Hawaiian Chicken to take most of to my good friend Deana who's on bedrest (for hopefully only a few more days!).

Hawaiian Chicken is basically the easiest crockpot dinner on the face of the planet and it tastes FANTASTIC!

2 Pounds Frozen Boneless Skinless Chicken
1 Large Can Pineapple Chunks or Tidbits
1 Bottle (any brand) Honey BBQ Sauce

Place in crockpot on high for 6 hours, or low for 10
(reduce by two hours if chicken is thawed)

Serve over rice with a salad or steamed veggies.


After the mani-pedi I also decided to be a nice wife to my husband and bake him chocolate chip cookies for the weekend.  We're going on a full out healthy eating deal this week getting ready for summer workouts and diets and these are kind of our last hurrah to unhealthy.


The sunshine has been INCREDIBLE around here the last few days! I wish I'd gotten around to decorating my patio and buying plants the other weekend, I could have spent the whole weekend out there.  But standing on a blank concrete slab with 3 half dead potted plants seemed pretty pathetic, so I just opened all of my blinds and let the light come in to me.


This morning I had food duty for our LifeGroup, so last night I made up a double batch of the Strawberry Muffins from THIS post, and only brought 6 of them home! I think that means they were a success since we only had 14 people in class today!


After church we road tripped to the other side of town with my parents for Earl of Sandwich.  If you ever find yourself in Downtown Disney in Orlando or near the Riverwalk in San Antonio, look them up, AMAZING sandwiches! Awesome variety, unique combinations, really just a great environment.

 
As part of our healthy eating plan, I'm also making myself run more again. I've been slacking on the cardio end of my workouts lately because my running shoes have been so dead they were painful to use on an elliptical do to being broken through, so since we were at the outlet mall enjoying the sunshine and getting my husband new gear for the next season at work I picked up some new shoes.  Due to my 12-14 hour days for the next 3 days, this will probably not begin until Thursday. :) 


It really was a great weekend, ending with doing my coupons in front of old episodes of Grey's from Netflix and Tortellini with my husband.  Great relaxing end of the weekend.


So, how did you spend your weekend? 
Do you get to do anything fun this week or are you buzzing through it like me?

No comments: