My husband's been home from work almost every day for the last 3 weeks. Weather down here has stunk a bit, so in the golf business, that means no work, because no one is golfing. Men at home mean routines go out the window and nothing gets accomplished in any type of normal time frame.
But, it's okay, we've had fun. We've stayed up late watching movies, cleaned like crazy, bummed around town, ate lots of unhealthy food, you know, like a vacation, except for the fact that I still had to work.
Because of this, I'm way behind on my personal stuff though. I'm one of those women who's mindset is that everything that makes my husband happy, has to come in front of anything that makes me happy. So, today he finally went back to work and I'm catching up on two weeks worth of shows online (with Justin Bieber commercials to boot! AHH! Punishment for not watching live or remembering to Tivo!), and doing 6 loads of laundry, and running any and all errands to girly stores, and so forth. I'm also way behind in my personal devotions.
We've been reading some books together, which we're loving, and are making a huge impact on our relationship, but my solo devotions and Bible reading have kind of sucked. I still haven't fully memorized my last verse, but I'm starting another anyways, hoping that by the 15th I can confidently say I know them both enough to only have 1 verse to memorize the second half of the month. I've been choosing my verses based on my current struggles. This week's theme is "discernment" since my mouth tends to get the better of my brain sometimes.
Philippians 1:10
"so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ."
Oh, and the books we've been reading are "Men are like Waffles, Women are like Spaghetti" and "Red Hot Monogamy" by Bill and Pam Farrell.
Both are hilarious, insightful and well worth the time to read. The first deals with communication and the ways we handle things, and the second, is pretty self explanatory! We've been having some fun with it!
We even decided it was finally time to spring on a real bed! 4 1/2 years of marriage and we finally bought a bed!
The cell phone picture will have to do because I'm too lazy to straighten up enough to give you a real one. But, for the first time in 4 1/2 years our bed has a headboard and footboard, and is actually not on the floor! Almost all of our marriage our boxspring and mattress have simply been on the floor. Yep, pathetic huh? We're that cheap that we've only really had hand me down furniture and if no one was giving something away, we didn't bother to buy it. No more! For our 5th Anniversary in May in we're actually going to outfit our hopefully soon to be apartment with furniture of our own choosing! Woohoo!!
Well enough rambling and time for more laundry. Fun fun fun.
Have a great weekend!

No comments:
Post a Comment