So, in my first three shifts, I've met my share of interesting people. Technically this was my fourth shift, but one was in the stock room, so that hardly counts.
Anyways, my interesting stories....
First "solo sales" day; little old lady comes into the store carrying a black and white skirt. I asked her if I could help her find something to go with it, and she said it was for a funeral, but she didn't want all black. I offered my apologies about the occasion and began pulling a few pieces while she looked around. I met her back in the fitting room and she explained that it was for her husband's funeral, but he wasn't dead yet, but would be soon because he was on his 4th round of cancer and in hospice, but he was happy to die and the skirt we were matching too was his favorite thing in her closet. She also had me get her a more supportive undergarment as she'd just had a mastectomy and was battling her 3rd round of breast cancer and was hoping that she could be buried in whatever I helped her with that day. Fun day of shopping huh? I can't imagine going through that with a smile and being excited to find the perfect outfit for my husband's and my own deaths.
If you think about it, her name was Eja, she sounded Scandinavian, and she was very sweet, I don't think she'd mind a few prayers.
Today, on shift number four, with only 45 minutes to go on my shift, a very frantic looking woman with an eight year old boy came in, desperate for something for a rehearsal dinner and bridesmaids luncheon for a wedding she's going to be in this weekend out of town. She had me find a place for her son to sit then proceeded to pull up her facebook on her phone and show me a picture of her highschool sweetheart who she just found out is her "corresponding groomsman", and he's recently divorced and she's currently separated, but her son doesn't know she's checking out her ex at the wedding, so she needed a "hot" outfit without him knowing that's what she was shopping for so he didn't tell his dad.
Yeah, fun stuff....
I seem to be a magnet for people who want to share their interesting lives with me through their clothing purchases.
No comments:
Post a Comment