is running on a treadmill so much harder than running on road?
Is it the boredom of not actually moving?
Is it the distractions of the people on the machines near you?
Is it the hum of the actual machines interfering with the songs on your Ipod?
Is it trying to find the right pace and incline instead of just dealing with whatever you come up to?
Or is it all just mental?
I can't do it so it seems!
For one thing, I ran out of breath at a half mile, totally not like me, I can usually go close to 2 miles without really feeling it. Of course I haven't really run in 6 months, so some of that probably isn't the treadmill's fault, but it just felt harder to breathe without the wind in my face, almost like I had to remind myself to do so.
Anyone have any breathing tips, especially for indoor running? Should I try an elliptical instead of a treadmill and what are the major differences in the workout they give you? My old playlist was not holding my attention this time, anyone have a good motivational workout song with a decent beat?
Oh well, tomorrow's a new day and I'll go see how long I can keep it going again then.
No comments:
Post a Comment