Friday, March 19, 2010

Treadmills, Taco Dip, Tanning and the Remains of a Raspberry Bundt Cake

So this morning I actually got to run in a fun way! The last few times I've gone to the gym the track (1/8 mile indoor) is always full of really old people walking, in groups, two and three across and sometimes using walkers.  Do you know how hard it is to keep any kind of decent or even pace when you're weaving in and out around 80 year olds? Not fun! So, last week I tried the treadmill, kind of, (and by kind of, I mean massively!) hated it! I ran for what felt like 4 hours, looked down at the counter thing and discovered it had only been 14 minutes.  I used to take hour runs all the time (7 years ago) and 30 minute runs have never been a problem, I usually stop there due to lack of time, not energy and motivation.  So, basically, treadmills are out, two runs like that and I gave up, pathetic I know.  So, Tuesday I went to the gym and tried an elliptical instead, as all the treadmills were taken and the walker trio (what I refer to the three little old ladies who always come together) were on the track.

Let's just say, it was amazing!  I started the resistance kind of low and did one song on my Ipod with the forward motion, one song backwards, and repeated to 2 miles.  It was amazing! I went back today and the results were the same. I'm so doing that from now on, maybe only every two or three days though as I can already feel the tops of my thighs from the backwards, but, if it can burn that much 2 hours later it must be doing something.  The nice thing was, my heart rate didn't even get up all that high for me, like 135, which I don't really feel that much.

So, I rewarded myself with some of this...
(Taco Dip)

For lunch today.  And then I'm going to go lay out in this....












And get some sun.


And maybe, if I decide to treat myself, I'll eat some of this....
(Raspberry Bundt Cake)

Before work tonight as a reward.  Don't worry, that's not my piece, that's all that's left from making it Wednesday night.

Taco Dip Recipe-
1 Block 1/3 Fat or Fat Free Cream Cheese
1 Can Hormel Fat Free Turkey Chili with Beans
1 8oz Bag Shredded Taco/Mexican Blend Cheese

Soften Cream Cheese in Microwave for one minute in the bottom of a glass pie pan.  Spread evenly. Cover in can of Chili and Shredded Cheese. Microwave another 4-5 minutes or until cheese is bubbling.  Serve with Tortilla Chips.

Raspberry Bundt Cake Recipe-
1 Box Yellow Cake Mix
1 Stick Softened Butter
3 Eggs
1/2 Cup Vanilla Coffee Creamer
1/2 Cup Milk
1/3 Brown Sugar
Dash of Cinnamon
Dash of Nutmeg
2 Containers (little plastic, half pints?) Raspberries.

Preheat Oven to 350. Generously grease and flour Bundt cake pan.
Beat first five ingredients.  Fold in Sugar and Spices.  Fold in half of the raspberries.  Pour into greased pan.  Cover batter with remaining raspberries and push into batter with spatula.  Bake 40-45 minutes, or until it passed the "toothpick test".  Let cool 10 minutes, flip out of pan and let cool on plate or wire rack for an hour to drizzle with frosting, or sprinkle with powdered sugar immediately.

Enjoy!

No comments: