So, basically everything in Houston comes to a standstill when 30's are forecasted. No one goes outside, people stock up on groceries and hunker down like a New Yorker might when 3-4 feet of snow is predicted. Last night most of my plaza shut down at 5 or 6pm instead of the usual 9:00. Yesterday they put a notice in our mailbox saying mail service could be delayed or canceled today and it's after 2:00 and the garbage still hasn't been picked up. We had a "chance of a snow" in the forecast for last night and people panicked, proactively closed schools and the highway department coned off the Beltway and other roads with high exit ramps. This morning, we woke up to a thick frost.
Yep, FROST.
And the entire city is virtually shut down.
Yeah, I'd be laughing, if it wasn't so inconvenient to deal with all of these Texas Wimps!
2 comments:
I live in Fort Worth and we have lots of snow. I mean nothing like NY but for Texas I say lots!
Haha...yeah. My Uncle lives in Houston (after living in Buffalo for MANY years) and got pulled over for driving the speed limit when they got two inches of snow sometime! His response to the officer??? Um, I lived in Buffalo, I know how to drive in snow, this is just dust! Needless to say, they let him go...
Post a Comment