So, I missed a few days, this week has been crazy, and hectic, and draining, both mentally and physically, work related and personal. It's just been a bit nuts for me this week.
Sunday Adam worked, I had church on my own and then deep cleaned my mom's house with her and cooked all day for her Lifegroup Social from church. We literally took apart all of her light fixtures and washed them, dusted the ceiling fans, scrubbed the baseboards and tile floors by hand, washed the kitchen cupboards, steam cleaned the carpeting, the works. I was a bit wiped.
Monday I was originally scheduled at work 11:30-4, nice short Monday, ended up getting called in to cover at 9:00 and stayed until 4:30. We'd been prepping for a review by the NYC visual team, so it was a lot of physical labor rearranging and cleaning the store, plus, I was the solo sales person for 2 hours while everyone else dealt with the 24 cases of new merchandise that came in that day. Monday night was also when I taught my first guitar lesson in Houston. The preparation was definitely mentally draining after a 7 month break from teaching, but it was so worth it.
Tuesday I opened at work again, and stayed almost an hour late, as usual. Adam had football Tuesday night as well, which went really well for him, they won, he got one touchdown, but let through the only touchdown by the other team.
Wednesday was normal work, I left on time, ran a bunch of errands went back to work to meet the NYC review people who were crazy late and I couldn't wait for, went to kids choir, led my kids in singing in service, ran normal choir had my last kid get picked up 35 minutes late, and went to Ladies Fellowship at Starbucks and got home at 10:30.
Today was more work, and cleaning, and tomorrow I need to deep clean our bedroom and bathroom and then work the close shift at work.
It's been a long week.
Also, it's been a weird week emotionally. My husband is back on total speaking terms with his brother after our whole blow up disaster of name calling, swearing at, telling off and everything else this winter. Part of me is happy for him having his brother wanting to be back in his life, and the other part of me kind of hates that they're so friendly after all his brother did to me. I really feel like to an extent, my husband not getting an apology of some form out of his brother is like he's saying what he did doesn't matter anymore. Or, it's coming across to his brother like he didn't care that he threatened and called me every name in the book and then some and disowned my husband and told him he was dead to him until he got away from me permanently. Part of me is happy that they've reconciled because I can't imagine that kind of anger from my sister and I know how that would hurt. But, part of me wants an apology. I can forgive him, but I can't trust him not to just do it all again. This was the third similar episode, the third without any admittance on his side that he was ever out of line, and really, I just get sick of being bashed by my brother in law and then reamed out by my mother in law for not begging his forgiveness and promising to stay out of he and my husband's lives. I get sick of being afraid of what this does to our marriage and I just really feel safer when he's not speaking to us. I know my husband's on my side, he's told his parents so, he's told them and his brother that they're out of line and treating me horribly and shouldn't even think that their words and actions could be appropriate, yet he forgives them and forgets. I'm getting good at forgiving, but the forgetting part is hard.
On top of that my husband's had jerky members this week and horrible tips and has been moody about that, so I've just kind of been internalizing all week and am getting tired of it. Sorry for the vent, especially on a "Thankful Thursday" but really, I don't know what else to say today.
1 comment:
Hey girl how are you? We have family that lives close to the Woodlands. Maybe one day if we go visit them we can meet up. I would love to meet up and just chit chat! Hope your having a great week!
Post a Comment