Thursday, March 8, 2012

Baked Potato Soup

So, originally I'd planned to use THIS recipe to the letter, but then, I noticed that it called for 5 POUNDS of potatoes.  I don't know about your house, but the 2 people in mine would have needed 2 weeks to eat all of that! I mean I love potato soup and all, but that much of it, even I couldn't eat before it started growing it's own green fuzzy stuff :)

So, I adapted it.  And here's how I did it.  I'm kicking myself for forgetting to take pictures now, so next time, I make it, I'll totally post the pictures, but this came out too good not to share the recipe now.  Seriously, it was good, my husband had two bowls, and he's so not a soup man!

In a Crockpot cook - 

4 Large Baking Potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1-2 inch pieces
3 Cups Chicken Broth (24 ounces)
1/4 of a large Sweet Yellow Onion chopped into small pieces
Garlic Powder
Salt
Black Pepper
Paprika
(season heavily)

Cook on high for 4 hours, or low for 8.

Soften (to semi melted) 6 ounces of Cream Cheese.
Cook 3-4 pieces of Bacon. Crunch up into large "bacon bits"

Beat Cream Cheese into soup mixture in Crockpot.  Fold in 1/2 of the Bacon.  Re-season delicately.

Cook on high for 30 minutes.

Serve garnished with Shredded Cheese, and remaining Bacon.

ENJOY!!

1 comment:

Anna said...

Mmm...looks good...and not so fat filled as some baked potato recipes I've seen lately! I'll have to try this!