Thursday, March 1, 2012

I would work out.....

  • if I could only breathe through my nose.
  • if I could sleep through the night without waking up 3 times to blow my nose.
  • If my ears would stop being plugged from blowing my nose so much.
  • If I wasn't afraid of face planting on the treadmill while running and sneezing at the same time.
I HATE Texas allergies!!! Spring started 3 weeks ago, and ever since we've had so very diverse weather.  60 and rainy one day, 80 and sunny the next, 70 and windy for a few days, then repeat.  Because the weather can't calm down, my allergies can't calm down and my sinuses feel like they're pushing my eyes out of my face.

I've been living on over the counter generic claritin, plus a sudafed/ibprofen combo (essentially advil cold and sinus, but cheaper) in the morning to kick start it out of my face, and then again at night so I have a 50/50 chance of sleeping. I've done more Afrin nose spray than is suggested and quit that for fear of rebounding worse, but every once in a while I get desperate in the morning when I'm completely plugged and use it once. 

My question is, since nose sprays seem to do the most good, does anyone know of one that you can use longer term than 3-7 days? At the rate I'm going, I'll be a mess until April, and seriously, this runner needs to run! It's just really hard to do when you can't breathe or you're trying not to sneeze yourself into a faceplanted position, or freak out the people at the gym with my sniffling sneezing.

Any ideas?

No comments: